BOARD OF REVIEW
Notice is HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Review for the Town of Amberg, Marinette County, Wisconsin shall hold its 1st meeting of the Board of Review on Monday, May 13 from 2:00-4:00 pm at the Amberg Community Center, N15035 Grant St. Amberg, WI 54102, for the purpose of reviewing the Assessment Roll of Real and Personal property in said Town.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
- No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone, or to contest the amount of assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mair of the Assessor to view such property.
- After the first meeting the the Board of Review and before the Board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to a Board member about the person’s objection except at a session of the Board.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or contest the amount of assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the Board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed because the person has been granted a waiver of the 48 hour notice of an intent to file a written objection by appearing before the Board during the first two hours of the meeting and showing good cause for failure to meet the 48 hour requirement and files a written objection, that the person provides to the Clerk of the Board of Review notice s to whether the person will ask for removal of any board members, if so, which members will be removed and the person’t reasonable estimate of the length of the time that the hearing will take.
- When appearing before the board, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at the estimate.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or subject or object to a valuation; if that valuation was made by the Assessor or the objector using income method; unless the person supplies the Assessor all of the information about income and expenses, as specified in the manual under Sec. 73.03(2a), that the Assessor requests.
- The Board may hear oath, by telephone, from all ill or disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by phone.
Notice posted 26th day of April 2019.
OPEN BOOK NOTICE
Notice is given that the Town of Amberg assessment roll will be available for examination on April 17th 2019, at the Amberg Community Center meeting room, N15035 Grant St. from 1:00-3:00 pm.
You may also contact the assessor, Peter Liptack to receive a copy via email at email@example.com through the month of April. Notice posted 13th day of April 2019.
Department of Revenue, Division of State & Local Finance, Office of Technical and Assessment Services) This downloadable booklet provides information about general property taxes, the assessment process, and how to appeal an assessment.