In order to register to vote you must:
1. Be at least 18 on or before election day,
2. Be a US citizen,
3. Not currently serving a felony conviction,
4. Not been declared incompetent or ineligible to vote by a judge
5. Have resided in your home for at least 10 days prior to Election Day
6. Show Proof of Residency (current and valid driver’s license,
state ID issued by DMV, recent utility bill, paycheck or pay stub,
or bank/credit union statement.
UPCOMING 2020 ELECTION DATES ARE:
- FEBRUARY 18, 2020: Spring Primary
- APRIL 7, 2020: Spring Election & Presidential Preference
- AUGUST 11, 2020: Partisan Primary
- NOVEMBER 3, 2020: General/Presidential Election
- Spring Election: Tuesday, April 2, 2019
- Fall General Election: Tuesday, November 6, 2018: There were no provisional ballots for this election.
Absentee Ballot Application (click on link to open form) – FORM
Voter Registration Form (click on link to open form)– FORM
All elections are held at the Community Center N15035 Grant Street in Amberg.
Polling Place hours on the date of the election are from 7:00 am until 8:00 pm.
Residents who want to register to vote may do so in the Town office at the Community Center by calling the clerk Monday through Friday. Requirements: Must live within the township at least 10 days, have a Wisconsin Driver’s License/Picture ID with current address, or a Driver’s License/Picture ID and 2 (two) pieces of mail with current address.
In order to vote by absentee ballot you must be a registered voter of the Town of Amberg. Criteria for voting absentee is found here. (Information will open in new page)
Questions can be directed to the clerk by dialing the town office at 715-759-5095 .
- provide information about voting, such as where to vote,
- request an absentee ballot and check it’s status
- update your registration
- check your voting history
- check your provisional ballot status
- do a voter or address search
- Obtain information about your elected officials from local up to presidential
- Contact information for clerk and government accountability board
Wisconsin Government Accountability Board’s Voter Registration and Election Participation Data Request Site. This site allows you to:
- submit a request for voter data from the Wisconsin Statewide Voter Registration System;
- receive a quote (estimated cost and number of voters that meet the request criteria):
- pay for the data using a credit card or through an automated clearing house (ACH) using a checking or savings account;
- and download the requested file upon successful payment.