Up Coming Events
- April 17, Mullany McTrusty Legion and Auxiliary meeting 7:00 in meeting rooms
- April 18, Town of Amberg Board meeting at 6:00 with Annual meeting to follow at 7:00 in gym
- April 19, Town of Amberg Open Book 1-3 pm in meeting room
- April 20, 6:00 Boy Scouts meeting in gym
- April 22, Softball Clinic, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm in Gym call Russ Koster with questions
- April 25, 7:00 pm Amberg Community Association
- April 6,11,13,18,20,25,27 from 9:00 am to 11:00 Gym open for walking
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Snapshot Wisconsin: Let’s Discover our Wildlife together!
Snapshop Wisconsin is a citizen-science effort by Wisconsin DNR, University of Wisconsin and UW-Extension to monitor wildlife populations using trail cameras. Volunteers are currently being accepted in the following counties: Dodge Iowa, Iron, Jackson, Manitowoc, Oneida, Racine, Sawyer, St. Croix, Vernon and Waupaca.
Volunteers should have access to at least 10 acres of contiguous private land, and agree to maintain a trail camera there for at least one year. Training and supplies provided, no prior experience required. To signup please visit dnr.wi.gov, Keyword Snapshot Wisconsin and click the “Apply Now” button.
The wildlife photos are categorized by the public using our crowd-sourcing site (http://www.snapshotwisconsin.org) and used to monitor wildlife more thoroughly than is currently possible. Learn more about Snapshot Wisconsin via our website and e-newsletter!
- Wausaukee Rescue Squad Needs Volunteers!The Town of Amberg is served by the Wausaukee Rescue Squad. In order to provide the quality service we expect please volunteer to become an ambulance driver, emergency medical responder, or EMT. You do not need to be an an EMR or EMT to join, ambulance drivers are always in need and training is provided for every role! If you want to learn more, request a ride along or apply to be a member please contact Wausaukee Rescue at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715) 856-5035.
- Sand Lake Conservation Camp – Wed.-Fri., June 21-23 at Camp Bird Youth Camp, Crivitz
The 12th annual Sand Lake Conservation Camp will be held June 21-23 at Camp Bird Youth Camp, near Crivitz, WI. This camp is for Wisconsin & Upper Michigan youth attending grades 6-8. It provides positive outdoor experiences, fosters an appreciation for nature, and introduces a variety of opportunities in conservation careers. Topics include wildlife ecology, water quality, fisheries, forestry, outdoor skills, and more. $100 fee until May 19; after May 19 is $150. Cut-off date is June 1 and space is limited; registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, call 715-732-7784 or visit: http://www.marinettecounty.com & search for “Sand Lake” or “Sand Lake Conservation Camp”.
- located about 1-mile (1.6 km) south of Amberg on the scenic and wild Pike River.
- located on the corner of County V and Grant Street in Amberg. It is open Fridays 1-4pm and Saturdays 10am-4pm Memorial Day – Labor Day. Admission is always free.
Town of Amberg Recycling Links
Recycling Guide for Mattress Disposal (outside link–informational resource)
Appliance Recycling (outside link from Focus on Energy–Will pick up and recycle working, 10-30 cu ft refrigerators and freezers and pay you for it.)
Local Call2Recycle Participant: Mathis Ace Hardware Store
W7960 Amberg St
Accepts for recycling cell phones and rechargeable batteries (please call to verify)
Department of Natural Resources
for Burn permits, Boating, Hunting, Fishing, ATV/UTV, Snowmobiling, & Camping Information
Department of Transportation
for travel information and vehicle/driver licensing
*Wisconsin Education Resources (outside link–informational resource)
- Amberg Athelstane Quilters: Meets 2nd Wednesday of month 1 pm Community Center. Contact: Kathy Collins 715-856-6801
- Amberg Fire and Rescue: Meets monthly at Fire Hall. Contact: Fire Chief Jim Parr 715-759-5943
- Amberg Historical Society: Meets 2nd Monday of month 10:00 am at Community Center. Contact: Ken Jones
- American Legion/Auxiliary: Meets 3rd Monday of month March through October 7 pm Community Center. Contacts: Jim Fronsoe 715-759-5215 or Pat Boshen 715-759-5775
- Community Association: Meets 4th Tuesday of month February through October 7 pm Community Center. Contact: Lisle Suzawith 715-759-5892 or George Kloppenburg 715-759-5481
- Interfaith Bible Fellowship Church: N15475 Downing Rd. Service 10 am.
- Pike River 4-H: Meets monthly. Location varies. Contact: Barb Kolosowski 715-759-5747
- Ranger City Riders Snowmobile/ATV/UTV Club maintains trails in the Amberg area connecting them with Beecher to the north, Wausaukee to the south and Athelstane to the west. Meets monthly at Clubhouse Contact: Terry Williams 920-619-9680 or Sean Bright 414-339-3470 e-mail: email@example.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rangercityriders
- Red Hat Swingers: Meets last Wednesday of month at Downtown Cafe Contact: Ruth Roush 715-759-5483
- St. Agnes Catholic Church: Contact: 715-759-5406 W8031 Wright Ave. Service 8 am Sunday
- Town of Amberg: Plan Commission meets 1st Wednesday of month, 6:30 pm at Community Center and Town Board meets 2nd Tuesday of month at 7 pm at Community Center Contact: Fred Smeester, chairman 715-759-5290
- United Presbyterian Church of Amberg: Contact: 715-759-5114 N15053 Grant St. Service: 10 am