TOWN OF AMBERG CLEAN UP DAY
SATURDAY, May 14, 2022
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Town will accept the following items—
FEE CHARGED FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- TIRES, a $5.00-$10.00 disposal fee (size dependent) will be collected or they can be taken directly to the Mar-Oco Landfill in Crivitz (call 715-854-7530 for hours of operation).
- APPLIANCES that contain refrigerant/Freon, $15.00 disposal fee.
- TVS and computer monitors for a $10.00 disposal fee
Large TV’s over 27” cost $15.00
NO FEE ITEMS:
- FURNITURE, SCRAP METAL, ALUMINUM, STOVES, BATTERIES OF ALL TYPES at no charge
- E-WASTE (Electronics: Cell Phones, Keyboards, Mice, Hard drives, Flash Drives, Modems, Speakers, Printers, Including those that Fax, Scan or Copy, Fax Machines, Video Recorders and Players)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- HOUSEHOLD WASTE (Food Scraps, Food Packaging, Newspapers, Bottles, Cans, Clothing, USED KITTY LITTER, Yard Trimming)
- BUILDING MATERIAL (Any materials used for construction purposes such as: Clay, Rock, Sand, Wood, Twigs, Leaves, Cement, Metals, Concrete, Bricks, etc.)
- YARD WASTE (Decomposable waste such as Leaves, Grass Trimmings, Brush, Wood Chips, Shrub and Tree Trimmings)
- DRAIN OIL
- HAZARDOUS WASTES.
Please donate gently used items to St. Vincent De Paul, Goodwill, or the We Store. Thank you.
Town of Amberg Property Owners and Residents ONLY!! may bring in items. Proof of Residency or Property Ownership will be required.
2022 Summer Garbage Pickup Schedule resumes between
Memorial Day & Labor day
with weekly pickup on both sides of Hwy 141
The remaining dates for winter garbage pickup are:
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR PICKUP EVERY OTHER FRIDAY AT 6:00 AM
East Side of Highway 141:
West Side of Highway 141:
May 13, 27
For safety reasons GFL will no longer pickup any garbage that is not bagged even if it is in a garbage can. There is still a 35# weight limit per bag of garbage and a weekly limit of 5 bags per household according to the contract between the Town of AMBERG and GFL. As always please have your garbage and recyclables out early. Garbage pickup will occur on Saturday during the weeks with the following holidays: Jan 1st, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
**Any questions or concerns call GAD at 1-800-774-9006.
Community Center Events Scheduling Resumed
The Town Community Center is open to the public. Building event scheduling has resumed with a reminder that federal and state governments guidelines about the Coronavirus Crisis are still being followed. If you have co-vid symptoms or are not vaccinated please be careful to mask up and maintain a social distance. The Town of Amberg assumes no liability for your choices. The treasurer (715-759-5892) and assessor are available by telephone or email. The clerk is available in the office (call first 715-759-5095) because her hours vary.
Please keep your distance: stay safe and stay healthy–our community depends on you!
You might have COVID 19 or a variant if you have at least one of the following symptoms:
- loss of taste/smell
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- sore throat, headache
- muscle aches.
If you have questions or immediate needs related to COVID-19, call 2-1-1 or text COVID19 to 211211. For other testing locations visit: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/testing.htm