Spring Cleanup Day Saturday May 8, 2021,
Time 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
The Town will accept the following items—
FEE CHARGED FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- TIRES, a $5.00-$10.00 disposal fee (size dependent) will be collected or they can be taken directly to the Mar-Oco Landfill in Crivitz (call 715-854-7530 for hours of operation).
- APPLIANCES that contain refrigerant/Freon, $15.00 disposal fee.
- TVS and computer monitors for a $10.00 disposal fee
Large TV’s over 27” cost $15.00
NO FEE ITEMS:
- FURNITURE, SCRAP METAL, ALUMINUM, STOVES, BATTERIES OF ALL TYPES at no charge
- E-WASTE (Electronics: Cell Phones, Keyboards, Mice, Hard drives, Flash Drives, Modems, Speakers, Printers, Including those that Fax, Scan or Copy, Fax Machines, Video Recorders and Players)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- HOUSEHOLD WASTE (Food Scraps, Food Packaging, Newspapers, Bottles, Cans, Clothing, USED KITTY LITTER, Yard Trimming)
- BUILDING MATERIAL (Any materials used for construction purposes such as: Clay, Rock, Sand, Wood, Twigs, Leaves, Cement, Metals, Concrete, Bricks, etc.)
- YARD WASTE (Decomposable waste such as Leaves, Grass Trimmings, Brush, Wood Chips, Shrub and Tree Trimmings)
- DRAIN OIL
- HAZARDOUS WASTES.
Please donate gently used items to St. Vincent De Paul, Goodwill, or the We Store. Thank you.
Town of Amberg Property Owners and Residents ONLY!! may bring in items. Proof of Residency or Property Ownership will be required.
NOTICE OF THE BOARD OF REVIEW FOR TOWN OF AMBERG
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Amberg in Marinette County shall hold its first meeting on the 10th day of May, 2021 from 2:00-4:00 pm at the Amberg Community Center on Grant Street.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
- No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the Assessor to view such property.
- After the first meeting the Board of Review and before the Board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to a member of the Board about the person’s objection except at a session of the Board.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone on contest the amount of the assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the Board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed because the person has been granted a waiver of the 48-hour notice of intent to file a written objection by appearing before the Board during the first two hours of the meeting and sowing good cause for failure to meet the 48 hour notice requirement and files a written objection, that the person provides to the clerk of the Board of Review notice s to whether the person will ask for removal of any Board members and, if so, which member will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
- When appearing before the Board of Review, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that he person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or object to a valuation; if that valuation was made by the assessor or the Objector using the income method of valuation; unless the person supplies the Assessor all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the Assessor’s manual under Sec. 73.03(2a) of Wis. Statutes, that the Assessor requests. The Town of Amberg has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the Assessor under this paragraph which provides exception for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their office or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under Sec. 19.35 (1) of Wis. Statutes.
- The Board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone.
ROADWORK BID NOTICE
The Town of Amberg is requesting bids for two sections of White Rapids Loop Road. Section 1: White Rapids Loop West–consisting of approximately 5300 feet length by 18 feet wide and Section 2: White Rapids Loop East–consisting of approximately 4300 feet in length by 18 feet wide. The project consists of: 1) pulverizing, 2) rough grading bast to 22 feet in with, 3) finish grade, water and compact prior to paving with approximately 2,840 tons of Hot or Cold mix blacktop–2″ compacted, and 4) apply a 2 foot shoulder using appromixately 720 tons of Town of Amberg 3/4″ gravel.
All blacktop must be 100% virgin material with no recycled or shingles blended inaggregate. Bids are due in Clerks office by May 11, 2021. Contact Jim Parr for details at 1-715-350-1093 or Matt Mattison at 1-715-759-5640.
Town of Amberg Winter Garbage Pickup Schedule:
East Side of 141 West Side of 141
May 14, 28 May 7, 21
For safety reasons GAD will no longer pickup any garbage that is not bagged even if it is in a garbage can. There is still a 35# weight limit per bag of garbage and a weekly limit of 5 bags per household according to the contract between the Town of AMBERG and GAD. As always please have your garbage and recyclables out early. The winter schedule will be in effect with east and west sides of highway 141 being picked up alternately on Friday’s through Memorial Day. Garbage pickup will occur on Saturday during the weeks with the following holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.
Wausaukee Rescue Squad Inc.
Proposal to change Wausaukee Rescue Squad Inc. from a volunteer organization to a paid organization.
Wausaukee Rescue Squad Inc. was formed in 1960 as a volunteer organization. Over the years the organization grew to over 30 active members. In recent years volunteers have dwindled to our present state of 8 members with only 4 doing most of the hours. We have two people doing 140+ hours per week and one member doing 70+ hours while working a full time job.
Wausaukee Rescue Squad Inc. would like to become a full time employee paid organization.
Our members are getting burnt out and a change is needed. If we pay high enough wages and offer a 40 hour week with no overtime we feel that we could get employees in to fill the schedule.
We are basing our numbers on a simple formula.
There are 8760 total hours that must be covered (24 hours a day x 365 days a year = 8760 total hours).
Pay for members: EMT = $15.00/hr; EMR = $13.00/hr; Driver = $11.00/hr
We can run with an EMT, EMR, and a driver an be considered a full crew. In this scenario we will use a standard crew of two EMT’s and a driver at a total cost of $41.00/hr. Again using simple math 8760 hours/yr x $41.00/hr per on call crew = $359,160.00 per year for a standard crew.
Total Cost for Town of Amberg $117,680.00/year vs the $14,825.44/year that we currently contribute.
Alternate option would be to contract with Integrity out of Iron Mountain costing $400,000 for start up and $300,000 to $450,00/year depending on 2 or 3 man crews.
Conclusion: If the squad does not get the required personnel to fill their roster or this proposal is refused they will finish out the current contract and serve the community as volunteers until 31 December 2020 and cease to exist.
You might have COVID 19 if you have at least one of the following symptoms:
- loss of taste/smell
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- sore throat, headache
- muscle aches.
If you have questions or immediate needs related to COVID-19, call 2-1-1 or text COVID19 to 211211. For other testing locations visit: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/testing.htm
The Town of Amberg Community Center is closed to the public until further notice due to the current guidelines issues by the federal and state governments over the Coronavirus Crisis. The treasurer (715-759-5892) and assessor are available by telephone or email. The clerk is available during reduced hours in the office (call first 715-759-5095).
Please keep your distance: stay safe and stay healthy–our community depends on you!