Town of Amberg Fall Clean Up Day
Saturday, October 3, 2020
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
ONLY Town of Amberg Property Owners and Residents may bring in items. Proof of Residence or Property ownership will be required.
The Town will accept the following items for a charge:
- Tires $3.00 – $8.00 disposal fee (size dependent) will be collected or they can be taken directly to the Mar-Oco Landfill in Crivitz (call 715-854-7530 for hours of operation).
- Appliances $10.00 disposal fee (those containing refrigerant/Freon)
- TV’s and computer monitors $10.00-$15.00 disposal fee (size dependent).
The Town will accept the following items free of charge:
- Furniture, scrap metal, aluminum, stoves, batteries of all types
- E-Waste (Electronics: Cell phones, Keyboards, Mice, Hard drives, Flash Drives, Modems, Speakers, Printers including those that Fax, Scan or Copy, Fax Machines, Video Recorders and Players)
The Following items will not be accepted:
- Household waste (Food scraps, food packaging, newspapers, bottles, cans, clothing, USED KITTY LITTER, yard trimmings)
- Building Materials (Any materials used for construction purposes such as: Clay, Rock, Sand, Wood, Twigs, Leaves, Cement, Metals, Concrete, Bricks, etc.)
- Yard Waste (Decomposable waste such as Leaves, Grass Trimmings, Brush, Wood Chips, Shrub and Tree Trimmings)
- Drain Oil
- Hazardous Wastes
Please donate gently used items to St. Vincent DePaul, Goodwill, or the We Store. Thank you.
Town of Amberg Winter Garbage Pickup Schedule:
East Side of 141 West Side of 141
September 12*, 18 September 12*, 25
October 2, 16, 30 October 9, 23
November 13, 28* November 6, 20
December 11, 26* December 4, 18
January 8, 22 January 2*, 15, 29
February 5, 19 February 12, 26
March 5, 19 March 12, 26
April 2, 16, 30 April 9, 23
May 14, 28 May 7, 21
For safety reasons GAD will no longer pickup any garbage that is not bagged even if it is in a garbage can. There is still a 35# weight limit per bag of garbage and a weekly limit of 5 bags per household according to the contract between the Town of AMBERG and GAD. As always please have your garbage and recyclables out early. The winter schedule will be in effect with east and west sides of highway 141 being picked up alternately on Friday’s through Memorial Day. Garbage pickup will occur on Saturday during the weeks with the following holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.
Wausaukee Rescue Squad Inc.
Proposal to change Wausaukee Rescue Squad Inc. from a volunteer organization to a paid organization.
Wausaukee Rescue Squad Inc. was formed in 1960 as a volunteer organization. Over the years the organization grew to over 30 active members. In recent years volunteers have dwindled to our present state of 8 members with only 4 doing most of the hours. We have two people doing 140+ hours per week and one member doing 70+ hours while working a full time job.
Wausaukee Rescue Squad Inc. would like to become a full time employee paid organization.
Our members are getting burnt out and a change is needed. If we pay high enough wages and offer a 40 hour week with no overtime we feel that we could get employees in to fill the schedule.
We are basing our numbers on a simple formula.
There are 8760 total hours that must be covered (24 hours a day x 365 days a year = 8760 total hours).
Pay for members:
EMT = $15.00/hr
EMR = $13.00/hr
Driver = $11.00/hr
We can run with an EMT, EMR, and a driver an be considered a full crew. In this scenario we will use a standard crew of two EMT’s and a driver at a total cost of $41.00/hr. Again using simple math 8760 hours/yr x $41.00/hr per on call crew = $359,160.00 per year for a standard crew.
Total Cost for Town of Amberg $74,065/year vs the $14,825.44/year that we currently contribute (an increase of 5 times our current contribution).
Alternate option would be to contract with Integrity out of Iron Mountain costing $400,000 for start up and $300,000 to $450,00/year depending on 2 or 3 man crews.
Conclusion: If the squad does not get the required personnel to fill their roster or this proposal is refused they will finish out the current contract and serve the community as volunteers until 31 December 2020 and cease to exist.
You might have COVID 19 if you have at least one of the following symptoms:
- loss of taste/smell
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- sore throat, headache
- muscle aches.
If you have questions or immediate needs related to COVID-19, call 2-1-1 or text COVID19 to 211211. For other testing locations visit: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/testing.htm
The Town of Amberg Community Center is closed to the public until further notice due to the current guidelines issues by the federal and state governments over the Coronavirus Crisis. The treasurer (715-759-5892) and assessor are available by telephone or email. The clerk is available during reduced hours in the office (call first 715-759-5095).
Please keep your distance: stay safe and stay healthy–our community depends on you!