Town of Amberg Fall Clean Up Day
Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm at the Town Garage
FEE CHARGED FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Tires – a $3 – $8 disposal fee (size dependent) will be collected or you can take them directly to the Mar-Oco Landfill in Crivitz (call 715-854-7530 for hours of operation
- Appliances that contain refrigerant/Freon – $10 disposal fee
- TVS and computer monitors for a $10.00 disposal fee
Large TV’s over 27” cost $15.00
NO FEE ITEMS:
- FURNITURE, SCRAP METAL, ALUMINUM, STOVES, BATTERIES OF ALL TYPES
- E-Waste (Electronics: Cell Phones, Keyboards, Mice, Hard drives, Flash Drives, Modems, Speakers, Printers (including those that Fax, Scan or Copy, Fax Machines, Video Recorders and Players)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- HOUSEHOLD WASTE (Food Scraps, Food Packaging, Newspapers, Bottles, Cans, Clothing, USED KITTY LITTER, Yard Trimming)
- BUILDING MATERIAL (Any materials used for construction purposes such as: Clay, Rock, Sand, Wood, Twigs, Leaves, Cement, Metals, Concrete, Bricks, etc.)
- YARD WASTE (Decomposable waste such as Leaves, Grass Trimmings, Brush, Wood Chips, Shrub and Tree Trimmings)
- DRAIN OIL
- HAZARDOUS WASTES.
Please donate gently used items to St. Vincent De Paul, Goodwill, or the We Store. Thank you.
Town of Amberg Property Owners and Residents ONLY!! may bring in items. Proof of Residency or Property Ownership will be required.
Garbage Pickup Schedule Change:
Please have your garbage and recyclables out early. The summer schedule is now in effect with both sides of highway 141 being picked up on Friday’s through Labor Day. During the week with the following holidays: January 1st, Memorial Day (May 27), July 4, Labor Day (September 2), Thanksgiving (November 28), and Christmas (December 25) garbage pickup will occur on Saturday.
- Product Safety Alert
Many Kidde fire extinguishers are under a recall. This recall involves two styles of Kidde fire extinguishers: plastic handle fire extinguishers and push-button Pindicator fire extinguishers. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Kidde announced a recall to replace certain Kidde fire extinguishers that can become clogged or require excessive force to discharge and can fail to activate during a fire emergency. … For more information on the models being recalled please check the kidde site below.
- All Marinette and Menominee County EMS (rescue squads) are in Critical need of volunteers!
Many of the agencies are running at critically low level of personnel and are in significant need of additional individuals to support the continued operation of services. Without additional help some squads may be forced to combine services, resulting in ambulances responding from further away or convert to a career/paid operation increasing costs to the public.
The Town of Amberg is served by Pembine-Dunbar-Beecher Rescue Squad and Wausaukee Rescue Squad. In order to provide the quality service we expect please volunteer to become an vehicle driver, emergency medical responder, or EMT. You do not need to be an an EMR or EMT to join, drivers are always in need and training is provided for every role!
Requirements for becoming a member include: Reside in the area or be available on a routine basis; Be at least 17 years of age; Hold a valid driver’s license; complete a background screening process.
Time requirements: Work 2-3 shifts per month (6-8 hour block of time), and participate in monthly training and meetings.
If you want to learn more, request a ride along or apply to be a member please contact one of the following EMS Agencies:
Crivitz Rescue: Denise Busse@ 715-854-7666
Pembine-Dunbar-Beecher Rescue: Sandy Bayer @ 715-324-5656
Silver Cliff Rescue: Anna Wender @ 715-757-2575 or Rianna Ventura @ 715-757-2442
Twin Bridge Rescue: Sharon Zak @ 715-927-7200
Wausaukee Rescue: Thomas Arthur @ 715-856-5035 or firstname.lastname@example.org